Addingham Primary School: Headteacher
Contract: Full Time- permanent
Job starts: September 2022
Due to the promotion of our Headteacher after 10 years of dedicated service, the governors are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who will lead our school into its next phase of development.
Do you have a clear vision that you can articulate?
Are you an innovative, motivated and inspirational leader?
Are you strategic, outward looking and can lead positive change within a school?
Are you child centred and nurturing?
We want a Headteacher who will:
- Be a compassionate, nurturing leader who has the ability to instigate positive change
- Will ensure that they know every child well
- Be ambitious and brave
- Be prepared to create exciting and challenging learning culture and opportunities
- Has a commitment to maintaining and developing the child-centred nurturing and inclusive approaches
- Has held a leadership role within education and is seeking to advance their career
- Leading through restorative, coaching and transformative practice
- Is a committed, inclusive leader who can motivate and manage all stakeholders effectively and coherently to shape the strategic plan
- Ensure that policy translates into practice
- Is a skilled and confident communicator
- Will actively support others to develop and grow to achieve their full potential
- Recognise the importance of maintaining the schools existing values whilst instilling their own leadership and identity
- Nurture the positive mental health and wellbeing of the staff, children and wider community and consider this within all aspects of decision making
- Is aspirational for the children, supporting them to be their best and develop the whole child
- Be able to nurture the culture and ethos of the school to maintain the strong identity and community links whilst ensuring that national agendas inform the development
- Have proven leadership, business and financial management skills
- Be someone who would relish the opportunity to further develop the wider curriculum
In return we offer:
- Amazing children who are motivated and engaged
- An able, driven and talented staff group
- A community focused school that is within the heart of village life
- A skilled and supportive Governing Body
- Personalised CPD to support the development of the Headteacher to grow and achieve their full potential
- A well-resourced school with extensive grounds
- Opportunities to continue the development of the outdoor curriculum
- Established and strong community links to support the curriculum
- Strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong school collaborative across the Wharfe Valley
For further discussion, please contact Anna Robinson, Chair of Governors by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to school are available on:
Friday 13th May 2022 at 9:45am and Tuesday 17th May 2022 at 9:45am
A tour of the school is available as per the above dates. Please email our School Business Manager, Mrs Joyce Simpson:
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Thursday 19th May 2022
Shortlisting: Friday 20th May 2022
Day 1: Thursday 26th May 2022
Candidates who are successful after Day 1 will proceed to:
Day 2: Friday 27th May 2022
Presentation followed by a formal interview with the panel.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.