What is a cookie?
Cookies are small anonymous text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your user experience.
Cookies can be categorised according to the purpose they serve. Some cookies are strictly necessary other are used to provide personalised functionality or to monitor the performance of the website.
We've provided links to useful websites that can explain cookies in more detail.
How to manage or delete cookies
To find out how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How to manage your cookies – GOV.UK - https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies
Bradford Council is committed to only using cookies that are either essential (they are required to make something work) or that help us to make your experience of using the website better.
Cookies used on this website
- PHPSESSID - This is an essential site cookie and is set upon your arrival to the Prospects Website. The cookie stores a randomly generated set of characters. The cookie is deleted when you close the browser.
- cookieconsent_status - This cookie is used by the website to check whether you have accepted cookies.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmd, __utmt, __utmv, __utmz, _baga, _ga, _gat, _gid are used by Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- PREF from youtube.com is used by Youtube embedded content, and expires after 6 months.
- mp_mixpanel_c is used by the email newsletter overlay. The overlay Mixpanel cookies collect information for the following uses: Newsletter topic, User location, including city and region, User experience, including screen height and width, device type, and browser version, User behaviour, including page view and referring domain
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE from youtube.com is used by Youtube embedded content, to remember your previous selections or preferred settings made when looking at information or using a service. You can delete these cookies at any time.
- PREF, NID, SNID, MPRF are used by Google Maps to collect data for overall visitor analysis.
- k from api.twitter.com is usde by the twitter widget, and expires after a week.
- ssi_customer & ssi_tracker These cookies enable us to see which social media posts brought visitors to this site and what pages were visited. You can delete these cookies at any time.
Third party cookies
Some of our pages use content from other websites, such as Google Maps. Bradford Council does not have any control over these cookies. You should check the websites of these “third parties” to find out how your information is used.
How we use Google Analytics data
All of the data collected is anonymous and cannot identify an individual and no personal details are stored. We have given examples of how this data has helped us make improvements to our website.
Data collected on search terms
We review the search words and terms that uses put users put into our search engine and test these against the content on our website to ensure that the correct page content is being returned to the user.
Data collected on page views
We have used the data obtained on page views to analyse what task a user comes to the website to perform.
We are changing our website in a number of ways in order to promote this content and make it easier for you to find your way around our website.
Other data collected
We can use the data collected about browser version and devices that are being used by citizens to access Bradford Council's website to inform our web strategy and future development plans.