Silsden Primary School is a large expanding three form school with a 78 place Nursery situated close to the North Yorkshire border in the town of Silsden. We are on an exciting journey, and currently in the process of relocating to a brand new school site within the town, which is due to be completed in Spring 2021.
A unique opportunity has arisen to take on the leadership of our Early Years Foundation Stage, and become a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Early Years and who has the drive and vision to shape and develop our Early Years phase.
Our School has huge potential, both for its children and the wider community, and we are determined to provide and achieve the very best, through strong team work, hard work, effective leadership and opportunities for personal growth.
The redevelopment and transformation of our Early Years provision is a major part of our school’s Development Plan, and the opportunities provided by our new school building and site will be limitless. Alongside this we have a substantial budget to support the setup of the new physical environment, learning beyond the classroom and the development of the skills of the staff and pupils who work within the phase.
We are looking for someone who is ready to:
- Achieve the very best for the children and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
- Have energy, enthusiasm and new ideas demonstrating a positive outlook and a resilient nature.
- Demonstrate exemplary teaching practice in the EYFS and promote the development of English and Maths throughout the Early Years environment.
- Have excellent inter-personal and leadership skills as well as the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues while promoting excellent team work.
- Lead aspects of school improvement and ensure that all children are given opportunities to excel.
- Have excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour.
In return we can offer you:
- An opportunity to make your mark in one of the largest schools in the area
- High levels of support and financial backing for your vision from highly committed governors and a new school leadership team.
- Pupils that engage well, love their learning and are encouraged by supportive parents.
- Opportunities for professional development and opportunities to develop your leadership skills by working alongside experienced leaders and external advisers.
The remuneration for the role has been advertised as “Highly Competitive” as we hope to attract candidates who are currently on either the MPS or UP scale. We are prepared to place the successful candidate on the Leadership Scale depending on their experience.
This is an opportunity not to be missed.
All applicants are strongly recommended to visit the school – please contact our school office on 01535 210666 or email the School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Closing date: Thursday 27th February 2020 12.00pm
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 2nd March 2020
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.