Teaching Assistant / Midday Supervisor
33.75 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 3:35pm)
Term Time Only
Fixed Term until 31 August 2023
Scale 2 (Points 3 to 4) / Scale 1b (Point 2)
Actual starting salary range: £14,388 to £14,643 per annum
Trinity Academy Akroydon joined Trinity Multi-Academy Trust in February 2017 and since this time the academy has become the most improved primary school in the Calderdale authority, and is in the top 1% of most improved schools nationally. Like all the schools within Trinity MAT, it is guided by the Trust’s four core principles:
Empathy – Honesty – Respect – Responsibility
We are now looking for a combined Teaching Assistant / Midday Supervisor. Within this role you will work 6 hours per day as a Teaching Assistant and 45 minutes per day as a Midday Supervisor.
As a Teaching Assistant you will support our pupils in achieving their goals. You would be employing interventions that ensure our pupils realise their potential. This might include working with pupils in:
- The classroom to support the classroom teacher.
- Small groups working on speech and language interventions or social skills.
- Ensuring pupils are ready for the next phase of their education.
As a Midday Supervisor you will supervise pupils during their lunch break. You will work as part of a team to ensure all students are supervised across all areas of the Academy and are kept safe.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with a progressive and forward thinking, Multi Academy Trust, where you are making the difference to the lives of hundreds of young people.
- Opportunities for development and career progression.
- A range of staff benefits including cycle to work and healthcare scheme.
What we need?
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to relate well to children and young people.
- Experience of working with or caring for children of a relevant age.
We are an ambitious and growing Trust which has eleven schools in total: seven secondary schools, three primary schools and a post-16 college, spanning five local authorities. This is an opportunity to join a high-impact leadership team, and experience cross-Trust working with members of the staff from each of our academies and central support teams.
Apply now! For further information about this role, the benefits of working for the Trust and how to apply, visit our recruitment website; www.trinitymat.org/all-vacancies.
Start date: September 2022
Closing date: 9am, Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews: W/C 4 July 2022
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.