Headteacher - Warley Road Primary Academy
Salary £67,183 - £77,818 - Leadership 21 - 27
Full Time – Permanent
This post is not suitable for NQTs
Relocation expenses considered
September 2020 start or as soon as possible thereafter
Warley Road Primary Academy is a diverse and inclusive 2-11 academy in Halifax, Calderdale and a member of Impact Education Multi Academy Trust. There are 578 children on roll plus 75 in nursery and the academy is in a strong financial position.
Warley Road is an academy where hearts and minds connect. Staff, governors and trustees are unwaveringly ambitious for our children, their families and the community that we are proud to serve. Our purpose is clear; we want our children to have a bright future, to be able to contribute as successful individuals to their community and the world in which they live; whilst ensuring their safety remains a priority. We want to give them the life skills and confidence that will support them in making the right choices and equip them for adult life.
Warley Road was last inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 when the school was judged to be Good. In 2019 Key Stage 2 Progress scores in reading, writing and maths were +3.9, +1.3 and +6.1 respectively. Although there have been improvements in EYFS and Key Stage 1 since the last inspection, these remain a key priority for improvement.
Trustees and governors are seeking to appointment a new Headteacher to replace Gill Horner, who retires this summer following 15 years of exceptional leadership. Gill will continue to play an active role in the development of the Trust through her position as Director of Primary Education.
What we offer:
- Highly ambitious and supportive staff, parents, governors and trustees
- Well behaved children who want to do well
- Excellent facilities (including swimming pool)
- First class professional training and development opportunities, including bespoke coaching and mentoring
- Well-established and effective business support and administrative functions
- System Leadership opportunities through Trust developments
We are looking for:
- A caring leader who embraces the vision and values of the Trust and actively engages with our Core Principles
- A leader who has energy and can inspire confidence in children, staff and parents
- A leader who has the highest expectations and is uncompromising in their ambition for children and the community we serve
- An existing senior leader, ready for your first Headship or an existing Headteacher ready for a new challenge
- A leader who actively contributes to the development of the Trust
Visits to the Academy are encouraged. The following times and dates are available:
- Thurs 6th Feb 9.30am – 11.00am or 1.30pm – 3.00pm
- Mon 24th Feb 9.30am – 11.00am or 1.30pm – 3.00pm
Gill Horner and Trust Chief Executive Officer, Mick Kay will be on hand to meet prospective applicants. Please call Viv Helliwell, PA to the CEO, on 01484 799321, to arrange your visit. If a visit is not practical, an informal discussion can also be arranged.
To apply for this post please go to https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/headteacher-primary-calderdale-1290585
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 27th February 2020
Interviews will take place week beginning 9th March 2020
Impact Education Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.