St Edmund's Nursery School is seeking to appoint a highly-motivated and capable Head of Initial Teacher Training to lead the Bradford Birth to 19 SCITT.
You'll be leading all aspects of initial teacher training provision at our large, successful SCITT which provides a significant component of Bradford’s NQT recruitment needs. With a large primary and growing secondary cohort of trainees, our SCITT needs a leader with successful primary or secondary classroom experience, good knowledge of initial teacher training and a track record of successful leadership in the school or HE sector. This is an important strategic post, which carries responsibility for leading our recruitment and training programmes. You’ll also have the opportunity to lead us through a time of policy change, supporting our ambition to be viewed as excellent provider of ITT.
- The ability to motivate and develop staff teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- A problem solving can-do attitude and a sense of humour
- Extensive experience of initial teaching training, as ITT Coordinator, Mentor or Tutor
- Experience of delivering CPD or training programmes to a wider audience, and leading projects that have improved outcomes
- Interest in educational research
- Knowledge of ITT Ofsted requirements and processes
- A secure understanding of the key components of outstanding teaching and learning
- Confidence in the use of comparative data, together with information about pupils’ and trainees’ attainment, to establish benchmarks and set improvement targets
You'll be able to:
- Play a full and proactive role in the leadership, development, management and administration of the SCITT
- Make and maintain productive professional relationships both internal and external to the SCITT
- Manage teams effectively in determining and attaining goals
- Present complex information in a clear logical manner and to communicate knowledge and enthusiasm
- Use ICT in its application to course management and administration, student teaching, learning.
- Cope with pressure, demanding workload, effectively handling varied tasks and meet tight deadlines
We can offer you
- An opportunity to play a key role in our forward thinking, creative organization, as one of the larger school led providers of initial teacher training in Yorkshire.
- A committed, friendly, diverse and welcoming staff and governor team
- Support with your continued professional development
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of the children, young people and families of Bradford
There will be an opportunity to have a telephone conversation to discuss the role further on Thursday 9th January between 2pm and 4pm with Christian Bunting, Director of Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School. There will also be an opportunity to visit St Edmund’s Nursery School and meet with Christian and other colleagues on Friday 10th January at 1pm, 2.30pm or 4.30pm. Please telephone 01274 494898 make an appointment.
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 14th January 2020
Interviews: Friday 24th January 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that references for shortlisted candidates may be taken up before interview unless a candidate explicitly requests on the application form that this is not done.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.