Appleton Academy is part of the Exceed Academies Trust, which currently consists of seven academies; five primary schools, an all-through primary-to-secondary school and an alternative provision academy. The Trust has an excellent reputation within Bradford and beyond, and an outstanding record of accomplishment of supporting staff in developing their careers. An exciting element of the Trust is our two Teaching Schools, as well as a SCITT, responsible for teacher training.
The Academy itself is an all through learning environment for pupils aged 3 to 16 and our building provides a wonderful environment for lifelong learning, in South Bradford.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Attendance Officer to join Appleton Academy. The person appointed to this post will occupy a key role within the Academy, supporting a cutting-edge learning facility for students and staff. The successful candidate will work closely with the Attendance Leader in promoting good attendance and follow up absences with parents, as well as working with the Heads of Year and Assistant Heads of Year to enable them to deliver excellent pastoral care.
The successful candidate will:
- Be confident with excellent communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be proactive and use own initiative
- Have previous experience of working with children, young people and families in a school or school related environment
- Be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and attendance monitoring procedures
We can offer:
- Opportunities for innovative ways of working
- An opportunity to build and further develop good practice
- High quality professional development opportunities
- A permanent contract, following a successful 6-month probationary period
If you feel you are up to the challenges ahead and would like to share in our continued success, then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or for an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Natalie Hansbury, Attendance Leader, on 01274 600550. Further details about our Academy can also be found on our website www.appletonacademy.co.uk
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post via Prospects Online at www.prospectsonline.co.uk. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
- Closing date: Friday 20 September 2019
- Shortlisting: week commencing Monday 23 September 2019
- Interview: week commencing Monday 23 September 2019
Exceed Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check as well as successful completion of a probationary period.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.