Ellar Carr is a long-term specialist provision catering for children with significant social emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs.
We are seeking to appoint a number of Special Needs Teaching Assistants who are enthusiastic, hardworking and creative to support the learning of our KS3 and KS4 pupils who are unable to access mainstream education.
You will have relevant experience in working with students with social emotional and mental health needs or have a recognised qualification.
Start Date: Negotiable
Pay Scale: Band 6, SCP 6-11
Hours per Week: 35 hours, 8.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday - plus Lunchtime Supervisor 2.5 hours term time only.
Essential qualities for all applicants include:
- Secure and thorough knowledge and understanding of behaviour strategies;
- The ability to be understanding, calm and supportive;
- Effective communication skills;
- Very high expectations of behaviour and achievement;
- Energy, patience, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour!
In return, we can offer you:
- A strong, dedicated team who work exceptionally well together;
- The opportunity to work in a ‘Good’ Pupil Referral Unit;
- Varied, challenging and highly rewarding work;
- A commitment to your professional development;
- Excellent facilities and resources;
- Strong and effective multi-agency approaches;
- A well-informed and supportive Management Committee who reflect the enthusiasm of the school.
Visits to the school are highly recommended.
For further information regarding the vacancies or to request an application pack, please contact Debbie Slinger School Business Manager, or email: email@example.com.
Please note that CV’s will not be considered.
Ellar Carr is committed to the protection and safeguarding of our children and all appointments are subject to an enhanced disclosure check with Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Friday 13th September 2019, 12 Noon
Interviews: Thursday 19th September 2019
If you have not received an interview request by Monday 16th September 2019, unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful in your application.