Level 3 Cover Supervisor for Early Years
Required to start January 2023
Fixed term for 12 months
30 hours per week
Band 6 SCP 6-11
Russell Hall wish to appoint a Level 3 Cover Supervisor for Early Years.
We are looking for an indivual who:
- Has a kind, caring and child focused approach to delivering the curriculum to Primary aged children
- has proven experience of excellent classroom practice
- can build positive relationships with parents and families
- Is an excellent communicator who can work closely as part of a fun-loving team
- can provide a stimulating climate for learning
- have knowledge of how to support pupils with SEND and promote inclusion for all
To implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle as well as management/preparation of resources. This will be in conjunction with the class teacher/phase leader / other support staff.
You may also supervise whole classes normally up to a maximum of three days per absence during the short-term absence of teachers. The primary focus will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task. Cover Supervisors will need to respond to questions and generally assist pupils to undertake set activities.
We are able to offer you the opportunity to:
- work as part of a small, but perfectly formed, supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our pupils.
- work with pupils who were described by Ofsted in the following way: ‘…behaviour is a strength of the school. Pupils conduct themselves well. Relationships between pupils and adults are positive. Pupils are engaged and enthusiastic. They want to do well and value their learning opportunities.’ (Ofsted March 2020)
- be supported in your continued professional development
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. For information and an application, or to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Gledhill (Office Manager) on 01274 882116.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Wednesday 29th November 2023
Russell Hall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check and safer recruitment processes are followed for all vacancies, including relevant checks for shortlisted candidates.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.