Permanent Teaching Assistants (1 x Full time or 2 x Part Time)
To work in Key Stage 1 in the first instance
Term Time Only, Band 5 SCP 4 – 6, Hourly Rate £10.98 to £11.39 (pay award pending)
Required for the Spring Term 2024 or sooner if possible
Actual start date to be agreed with successful candidates
Full Time: 30-hour contract, 8:45am - 3:15pm Mon-Fri to include ½ hour lunchtime supervision per day, term time only
Part Time A: 20-hour contract to include 1 hour lunchtime supervision per day, 8:45am -12:45pm Mon-Fri, term time only
Part Time B: 17.5-hour contract, 11:45am - 3:15pm Mon-Fri to include 1 hour lunchtime supervision per day, term time only
Please indicate on your application which post(s) you wish to apply for.
The Governors seek to appoint enthusiastic, caring Teaching Assistant(s) to join the strong staff team working in Key Stage 1 in the first instance in this high performing, popular and friendly school.
Candidates will need to be committed to developing inclusion, have experience of working with young children and have a calm, positive and confident manner. These posts include an element of lunchtime supervision. A willingness to train to be a first aider is desirable and training will be provided.
Successful candidates will need to:
- Be enthusiastic, well-motivated and committed to raising standards
- Be well organised, friendly, and flexible team players, with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an interest and aptitude for working creatively and using their own initiative and ideas
- Demonstrate recent experience of either working or volunteering in primary schools
- Have a commitment to their own professional development
- Support our school in our strong commitment to safeguarding children
Our school can offer:
- Fantastic children with a desire to learn
- A welcoming, supportive and friendly team
- A commitment to raising standards for all our children
- Extensive school grounds in a beautiful village setting with ample opportunities for sports and outdoor learning
- High quality training relevant to the role
In your personal statement we are looking for you to highlight your particular strengths, interests and relevant experience that would make you suitable for this post and ways in which you think you could make a positive wider contribution to our school.
We would strongly encourage interested candidates to visit our website at www.menstonprimary.co.uk for more information about our wonderful school.
Interested candidates are also invited to visit the school on Friday 17 November 2023 at 4pm.
Please contact Hannah Veil at email@example.com to confirm attendance or if you have any questions relating to this post.
If you have the skills and ambition to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Note: we are unable to accept CVs
Closing Date: 12 noon, Sunday 26 November 2023.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5 December 2023.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted for this post.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.