Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Part-time)
Salary: Band 8 with a spinal column range of SCP 17-22, £8663 to 9444 (actual annual salary).
Hours of work: 13 hours per week. Term Time only
Length of contract: Permanent role from 3rd January 2024.
Hours of work:
8.30am-1.30pm on Tuesdays
8.30am-12.30pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Term Time only.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant who has experience of supporting pupils across the Primary age range.
Prime objectives of the post - We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic HLTA to join our successful and vibrant primary school team.
We are looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic and reliable team member who is an effective classroom practitioner. We require a highly committed, talented candidate with a proven track record of supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and improving outcomes for pupils,. You will be an excellent role model for staff and children.
The role of an HLTA is to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities, usually for whole classes. The successful candidate will be timetabled to cover teachers’ PPA and leadership time out of classes. This could be with any year group. The postholder will be permitted some planning time during their working hours.
We can offer you:
- A ‘Good’ school (Ofsted December 2022)
- A friendly, caring staff with a strong commitment to Team Cullingworth.
- Amazing children who are friendly, enthusiastic and take pride in their learning.
- A head teacher with strong beliefs about children being at the heart of everything we do.
- A strong commitment to professional development and support at all levels.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have an excellent track record and strong skills as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or Cover Supervisor.
- Have high expectations and a commitment to achieving successful outcomes for all children.
- Be able to prepare and deliver high-quality and effective lessons.
- Be able to deliver learning activities to pupils within agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs.
- Take pride in their work, be highly motivated and work well as part of a team.
- Be committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all children in their care.
- Support the school ICARE values of inclusion, compassion, aspiration, resilience and excellence.
- Have experience of working with children who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Work within an established policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
- Support the positive and caring ethos of the school.
- Develop strong partnerships with staff, pupils, parents, governors and the community.
- Be willing to be flexible and cover alternative classes when required.
If you have a particular interest or experience of specific subjects, please ensure you include details of these in your application.
Please note that you don’t need to already have a specific HLTA or NVQ qualification to apply for this post.
The applicant would also be required to attend occasional compulsory training.This would usually be on a Wednesday after school. See attached for the job description and person specification.
Tours of the school are warmly welcome and available by appointment via the school office. If you believe you are the right person for this role then we would love to hear from you. Please note school closes on 26th July and re opens on 5th September.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, please click on this link follow the instructions to submit your application via My New Term: https://www.mynewterm.com/jobs/146049/EDV-2023-CVPS-99490
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Wednesday 29th November 2023
Interviews will take place: Week commencing 4th December 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are available to view on our school website. Our Recruitment and Employment of Ex-offenders Policy is available to view on the BDAT website.