Special Educational Needs Class Teacher
Qualified MPS + SEN 1
Permanent, Full Time
Start date: Monday 19th February 2024
We are seeking to appoint a qualified full-time permanent dynamic experienced SEN Teacher who can inspire, engage and excite our students in their learning through a creative and personalised provision and provide innovative and inspirational learning opportunities. This is a great opportunity to be part of our motivated team with its aim to be an outstanding provision.
Fairfield is a large special school which provides for learners with a diverse range of complex and profound learning difficulties including physical and medical needs from 3-19 years. We offer a broad, balanced and personalised curriculum which provides opportunities to enrich the daily lives of our students. At Fairfield we strive to encourage and develop a strong sense of achievement for all our pupils. Through our nurturing environments we build each individual’s potential to succeed in learning opportunities as valued members of our school community. We believe in having a positive approach towards school life; our pupils are encouraged to become motivated and confident individuals.
Fairfield was judged as continuing to be a ‘good’ school by OFSTED in June 2022. More details about our school can be found at https://fairfieldschool.uk/
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status
- Demonstrate excellent classroom practice in supporting students with profound and multiple learning disabilities as well as students on the autistic spectrum and those with physical and social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a differentiated, inspiring approach to meet specific needs and to transfer skills creatively across the curriculum
- Have knowledge and skills of sensory approaches and a range of physical therapies including Intensive Interaction and Sensory Integration
- Have a passion and commitment to education for students with complex needs
- Bring enthusiasm and energy to the role
- Be adaptable
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have ability to form positive and effective relationships
The school has a clear focus on improving standards for all. If you have the creative skills, expertise and passion for this exciting post we would love to hear from you.
We are a supportive school with a strong leadership team which can offer wide opportunities for continuing professional development and training. You must be committed to high standards, actively promote safe and happy learning and be ambitious for the success of the pupils, families and the school community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please go to https://fairfieldschool.uk/vacancies/
Application forms should be returned to the School Business Manager by email to email@example.com .
We would recommend all interested candidates to visit Fairfield for a tour of the school. To arrange this, please contact us on the same email address.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Friday 1st December 2023
Interview date: Week commencing 11th December 2023
Fairfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check and safer recruitment processes are followed for all vacancies, including relevant checks for shortlisted candidates.