We are looking to fill the following permanent post to start September 2022:
1st Aider and Central Administration Assistant
37 hours per week, term time + 1 Week (39 weeks per year)
Monday - Thursday 8.00am to 4.00pm, Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm (with a half-hour unpaid lunch break)
Salary: level 3 SCP 5 - 6, Actual Salary £16,820-£17,156 (FTE £19,650-£20,043)
The successful candidate will provide a professional and efficient 1st Aid service in the school whilst also assisting the Administration team as required.
The role and responsibilities include:
- To assist the Medical Needs Coordinator.
- Providing first aid support to students, staff and visitors to site, with support from other First Aiders.
- Ensuring the daily record of student’s visits to First Aid is kept up to date, supported by other key First Aiders.
- Recording and reporting of all accidents and injuries within schools. Ensuring accurate and up to date records are kept and are reported to Bradford Council in a timely manner.
- Looking after sick students and liaising with parents/cares, staff etc.
- Maintaining a current appropriate First Aid qualification.
- To assist the Central Administration team as required in providing efficient and flexible administration support for the relevant faculties and across school generally, including word processing, photocopying, filing and reprographic services
- To contribute to the efficient running of the school by contributing to the development of office systems to meet changing needs and to improve the services provided
- To assist faculties in the creation of displays.
- Provide a professional and efficient reception service in the school, ensuring a positive impression of the school is projected at all times to students, staff, parents and visitors when contact is made either by phone or in person.
- To respond to telephone calls in a pleasant, professional and timely manner, ensuring enquiries are dealt with promptly and efficiently and messages are passed to staff and students as required
- Greeting all visitors to Reception in a polite and professional manner, ensuring queries are handled efficiently and promptly
- Ensuring visitors who require access to school provide proof of identification and are issued with visitors badges
- Accepting and recording deliveries and ensuring they are stored safely and distributed promptly.
- Franking and preparing post for collection
- Dealing with personal and telephone enquiries from parents/carers and other outside agencies
- To assist in the maintenance of records and documentation
Range of Decision Making
Required to use own initiative to make decisions within established working practices and procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency of application. Required to use good common sense and initiative in all matters relating to the duties of the post.
Responsibility for Assets, materials, information etc
To maintain the confidential nature of information relating to the school, its pupils, parents and carers. General responsibility for the care of all equipment within the designated area of the school.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*-C) or equivalent, in English and Maths
- A good sense of humour, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Recent and relevant administrative/data experience
- The ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong ICT skills with Excel knowledge and SIMS proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Closing date for completed applications is Monday 8th August 2022 at 9am
Interviews are on Thursday 11th August 2022
For more information and to apply please visit our website or contact our Recruitment team:
T: 01274 807700 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs will not be accepted