L17 - L20
Permanent - Full Time
To start January 2023 or as soon as possible
The Governing Body of Keighley St Andrew’s Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School is seeking to appoint a transformational leader for the post of Headteacher.
'Rated as "Good" in its latest Ofsted Keighley St Andrew's is a popular, warm, caring and vibrant 2 form entry Church of England School'.
It is situated at the heart of a diverse, town centre community where most families live within walking distance and everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed. The population of the school reflects the population of the area with the majority of pupils from minority ethnic groups. The Christian ethos is foundational to the character and life of the school with our distinctive Christian vision and celebration of shared values, such as compassion, thankfulness, courage, peace, community and trust. We are keen to build on our success while continuing to take the school forward.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative leader who:
- Has a commitment to maintaining and developing the Christian vision and values of the school and promoting an understanding of other faiths and cultures
- Has held a leadership role within education and ideally in a Church of England School
- Is a committed leader who can motivate and manage all stakeholders, effectively shaping and delivering the strategic plan
- Can consolidate good practice and be ambitious for continuous improvement
- Continues to nurture and effectively challenge our staff to deliver a high quality education for all our children
- Embraces and engages our richly diverse community, bringing us together in a collaborative, positive environment underpinned by our shared values
- Is able to bring the curriculum to life in a vibrant and exciting way, while upholding our distinctive Christian ethos
- Maintains the strong partnership that exists between the Governing Body and the Senior Leadership Team
In return, we offer:
- A strong, dedicated team who work well together
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- A well informed and supportive Governing Body who reflect the enthusiasm and Christian ethos of the school
- A close and active partnership with the clergy and church family of Keighley St Andrews Church
- The opportunity to be an outward-looking Headteacher working with local, district and diocesan-wide networks
A tour of the school is available on the dates detailed above and is encouraged. Please email Mrs Anne Dows, School Business Manager at email@example.com for more information.
Please note that CVs are not accepted. The school prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and abides by Safer Recruitment Practises. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.