Teaching Assistant in the Early Years Foundation Key Stage (EYFS), in the first instance
32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only
Band 5, SCP 4 – 6
To start as soon as possible
There is an opportunity to work as a Teaching Assistant at Menston Primary School. Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant is desirable and we are particularly interested in candidates with experience of working in a primary school/early years setting with children in EYFS. The successful candidate will be required to work as a Teaching Assistant in EYFS in the first instance, but may be required to work across the whole school. The working hours for this post are 8:30am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday, in the first instance. However, the year group and actual working pattern may change due to business needs. You will need to be committed to developing inclusion, have experience of working with young children and have a calm, positive and confident manner. This post includes an element of lunchtime supervision.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be enthusiastic, well-motivated and committed to raising standards
- Be a well organised, friendly, and flexible team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an interest and aptitude for working creatively and using their own initiative and ideas
- Demonstrate relevant experience of either working or volunteering with children of primary school age
- Have a commitment to their own professional development
For the right candidate, we can offer:
- Happy, well behaved and well supported children
- A commitment to raising standards for all our children
- Experienced and supportive colleagues with a team working ethos
- Extensive school grounds in a beautiful village setting with ample opportunities for sports and outdoor learning
- High quality training relevant to the role
We recommend candidates take a tour of our website at https://menstonprimary.co.uk/
If you have the skills and ambition to join our team, we would love to hear from you. In your personal statement we are looking for you to highlight how you would be looking to make a positive contribution to our school.
Note: we are unable to accept CVs.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, please email email@example.com
Closing Date for the post: Midnight on Sunday 16th January 2022
We will contact shortlisted candidates with the next stage of the recruitment process taking into account Government advice at the time. However, interviews are likely to take place on Friday 21st January 2022.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.