Youth Intervention Worker
Full Time, 08:30 – 15:30 Monday to Friday
£17,000 - £19,000 per annum.
Are you a current or an aspiring Youth Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of Children and Young People in the Bradford area? Do you thrive from supporting children with special educational needs and helping them to gain confidence and independence? Are you an experienced youth worker, sports coach or residential support worker seeking a role in education? If you are answering ‘yes’ to any of the above-mentioned questions, then we would love hear from you!
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children, Young People and/or Adults with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and challenging behaviour.
As a Youth Worker, you will be supporting children aged between 11 - 16 on a 1:1 and small group basis with their daily routine at school and assisting them to take part in activities which will enhance their social and emotional skills as well as increasing educational attainment. In addition to working with pupils, you will also be responsible for working in partnership with families and social workers to encourage attendance and commitment.
Special School in Bradford that caters for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health issues.
To be considered for the Youth Worker position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Have experience supporting children and young people with SEMH Issues
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Youth Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEND Team and ask for Liam on 0113 5186321
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.