We have the following post available to commence as soon as possible:
Teaching Assistant - Key Stage 2/Outdoor Education Support
Scale 2, NJC point 4.
27.25 per week, 8:30 to 15:15 Monday to Friday, term time only.
Actual salary: £11,798 per annum
This is a permanent post
Dean Field School is a vibrant one form entry primary school at the heart of the Ovenden community. Dean Field is part of the Family of Learning Trust and works in collaboration with Beech Hill School.
At Dean Field we are determined to continue to improve standards and outcomes across the school. We are committed to providing a nurturing and secure environment for our pupils to learn.
The post: We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who, during the morning sessions will work with pupils in year 6 to provide additional support to the class teacher and HLTA. The post holder will work collaboratively within the year 6 team to ensure pupils are able to access and meet national curriculum expectations. Therefore knowledge and ability to work at Key Stage 2 is essential, particularly in Maths and English. Preferably you will have recent experience in a similar role. In addition to this we are seeking someone with a passion for the outdoors who will support our Pastoral Manager in the delivery of outdoor learning sessions for pupils of all ages.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Relate well to children
- Are educated to a level that enables them to understand the national curriculum at Key Stage 2
- Are able to work as part of a team
- Are enthusiastic, caring and self-motivated
- Have a positive approach
- Can use their initiative
- Have a passion for the outdoors
- Are able to create meaningful experiences using the outdoors as inspiration
In return, we offer a benefit package that includes:
- Membership of Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contriubution of approximately 16.2%
- An Employee Assistance Progreamme, offering support and access to resources to help you maintain a healthy work like balance
- Committment to professional development for all staff recognised through our Investors in People Gold award (July 2020)
- Free refreshments and light snacks available in the staff room
Our school also offers you the opportunity to:
- Work in a friendly, caring and inclusive community where everyone is valued.
- Engage with enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- Support teachers to deliver a rich and exciting curriculum, recognised through a range of curriculum awards.
- Work with an experienced, supporting and successful team who love to work collaboratively. Development that will support you on your chosen career path.
For further information about Dean Field School including information about the post (job description and person specification) and the application form please visit our website: www.deanfieldschool.co.uk
Alternatively please telephone the school office on 01422 258258. For further information about the role please view our webiste.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 11th June 2021
You will be contacted by email to inform you if you have been selected for interview. If you have not been contacted by Wednesday 16th June, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
The trustees of the Family of Learning Trust and the Governors of Dean Field School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.