Oastlers @ Keighley is a purpose-built school in Keighley for secondary school age learners with social, emotional and mental health disturbance. Some have additional learning difficulties compounded by other complex issues, which combined, create barriers to learning. It is the second site for Oastlers School and with a specific focus on vocational pathways into employment or further education.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and committed Site Manager who will be responsible for the development and operation of a planned preventative maintenance programme, daily repairs and the cleanliness of our school site.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can develop and implement an annual programme of works, ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation, maintaining accurate records and producing information for school leaders as required.
- Is responsible for contract management and can develop good working relationships with contractors / agency staff
- Is responsible for building security, fire prevention, alarm systems, and the school heating system.
- Is able to maintain high standards of workmanship and hygiene throughout the site, and be competent and confident in carrying out minor building maintenance where necessary.
- Is responsible for the line management of premises staff, such Cleaners.
- Has an understanding of learners with Sociall, Emotional and Mental Health Distrubance.
- Has a flexible approach to work, is able to organise and prioritise workload, friendly and sympathetic to pupils, parents, staff and other stakeholders of the school.
- Is able to work with Oastlers other site staff to develop collaborative working across our schools.
Key experience and qualifications:
- Will possess good literacy, ICT and numeracy skills
- Will have caretaking, cleaning/site-keeping experience in a school and knowledge of cleaning procedures required to meet specified cleaning standards.
- Will have knowledge of the use of ICT systems and willingness to participate in development and training opportunities.
- Willing to act as primary keyholder, responsible for locking and unlocking the school.
- Able to work split shifts to allow for the schools opening and closing times.
For further inforamtion regarding this post please contact Jeanine Fairbairn 01274 307456.
Closing Date: Monday 14th June 2021
Start Date: Monday 21 June 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.