Band 6, 37 hours per week, all year round
Permanent post to start as soon as possible
Fearnville Primary School is a 2-form entry school and member of Nurture Academies Trust. We are situated in Bradford, close to the border of Leeds. Fearnville is a school where every pupil matters and as a result they are extremely happy, feel safe and enjoy school.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and committed Site Manager who will be responsible for the development and operation of a planned preventative maintenance programme, daily repairs and the cleanliness of our school site.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can develop and implement an annual programme of works, ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation, maintaining accurate records and producing information for school leaders as required.
- Is responsible for contract management and can develop good working relationships with contractors / agency staff
- Is responsible for building security, fire prevention, alarm systems, and the school heating system.
- Is able to maintain high standards of workmanship and hygiene throughout the site, and be competent and confident in carrying out minor building maintenance where necessary.
- Is responsible for the line management of premises staff, such Cleaners.
- Values every child and the religious/cultural diversity of our school.
- Has a flexible approach to work, is able to organise and prioritise workload, friendly and sympathetic to pupils, parents, staff and other stakeholders of the school.
- Is able to work with other Nurture Trust Site Managers to develop collaborative working across our schools.
Key experience and qualifications:
- • Will possess good literacy, ICT and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent) Maths and English.
- • Will have caretaking, cleaning/site-keeping experience in a school and knowledge of cleaning procedures required to meet specified cleaning standards.
- Will have knowledge and understanding of SLA and updates
- Will have knowledge of the use of ICT systems and willingness to participate in development and training opportunities.
- Willing to act as primary keyholder, responsible for locking and unlocking the school.
You can benefit from:
- Option of a bungalow on site at a subsidised rent.
- Working with friendly, supportive and dedicated staff, governors and parents.
- Being part of a wider Trust team of six school sites, with regular networking across similar roles.
- Children who are enthusiastic about their learning and with excellent behaviour.
- Regular meetings with Line Manager and full support with continuing professional development.
Visits to the school can be arranged, please contact the school office on 01274 664661.
Closing date and shortlisting for application forms is 12 noon, Friday 7th May 2021
Interviews will be taking place on Tuesday 11th May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.