Welfare Inclusion Coordinator
Band S01, New NJC Points 23-25
Commencing: as soon as possible
35 Hours per week - 5 days - Term Time Only.
Mon to Fri 8:30 – 4pm
(half an hour unpaid lunch)
Silsden Primary School is currently on an exciting journey of growth and development which is due to culminate with us moving into a brand-new purpose-built school in the next school year. As part of this journey we realise the importance of developing and fostering the links between home and school to ensure that pupils achieve their full potential. Therefore, we are looking to appoint this position to help us achieve this vision.
The successful candidate will join our inclusion team to work alongside the school leadership to ensure the highest standards of welfare, attendance and parental engagement for our children
They must have an understanding and experience of dealing with issues which form barriers to children being successful learners and be proactive and innovative in devising ways to overcome them.
The role and responsibilities include:
- Working with parents, colleagues and external agencies as directed by our Inclusion Leader
- Working with new and existing parents to build constructive relationships which promote engagement with school.
- Supporting the school’s Inclusion leader with the writing and reviewing of statutory documents relating to all aspects of pupil welfare.
- Liaising with external agencies to establish effective exchange of information.
- Following the school’s agreed procedures in cases of safeguarding and/or child protection issues;
- Monitoring, mentoring, and supporting targeted groups of students under the direction of the inclusion leader.
- A responsibility to know the schools safeguarding policy and have a clear understanding of the pupils and families that are held on the safeguarding register.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*-C) or equivalent, in English and Maths
- A good sense of humour, enthusiasm and a positive, proactive attitude to their role
- Recent and relevant experience of working with young people and families
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong ICT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All applicants are strongly recommended to visit the school – please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 16th April 2021
Interviews: Monday 26th April 2021
We are strongly committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.