Headteacher Job Advert
(Previous applicants need not apply)
Starting September 2021
L17-L24 (£62,570- £73,559)
Our Motto, “Growing together, we learn, succeed and shine brighter,” is evident in every aspect of school life and brings together all stakeholders within the school community.
St Matthew’s CE Primary School is a multicultural, diverse two-form entry school situated in the heart of the West Bowling community of Bradford and in close proximity to the city centre. St Matthew’s was judged to be good by Ofsted in 2018 stating “this school continues to be good” and is a voluntary controlled school teaching children from ages 3-11.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our primary school on its continuing journey to enable every one of our students to be the best they can be. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build their own leadership team and recruit a new Deputy Headteacher. The pupils, teachers and the Governors are keen to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking, outward looking, highly committed professional who be an excellent role model, who is passionate about education and young people.
We are seeking to appoint a strong and proven leader who will build on the strengths of our school possessing a Christian ethos, so that it provides an excellent education for all its students.
The successful candidate will:
- Have successful leadership experience in a Primary School setting as a Headteacher or Deputy Head teacher.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Have a clear understanding of Church of England education and the vision and ability to lead and develop the Christian Life of the school
- Establish our core Christian values by leading with a sense of community, respect, compassion, perseverance, responsibility and generosity
- Sustain wide, current knowledge and understanding of education
- Pursue continuous professional development
- Create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported
- Welcome strong governance and actively support the Governing Body to understand its role and deliver its functions effectively.
- Have the highest expectations for each child
- Be an open communicator, motivational leader and a passionate advocate for our school community
- Place Safeguarding at the heart of the school
In return we can offer you:
- An exceptional learning environment in our school
- Fantastic students who are positive, keen to learn and progress and make coming to work a joy.
- Excellent relationships with our parents/carers.
- A highly motivated and dedicated skilled workforce, committed to making a difference.
- A school with high aspirations and a strong commitment to professional development where every person is valued.
- A supportive Governing Body who are committed to providing an appropriate and effective professional development package for the successful applicant.
Whilst Headteacher experience is desirable it is not essential if you are working towards it. You may be an experienced Deputy with strong leadership experience.
For further information, interested candidates can request an application pack by contacting email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 12th April 2021
Shortlisting: 14 April 2021
Interviews: 20 & 21 April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post