Commencement: 1 September 2021
Salary: L18 – L24 (£64,143 to £74,295)
Due to the retirement of the current Headteacher, the Governing Body of Menston Primary School is seeking to appoint a new Headteacher who can lead the continued progress of our school in a caring and imaginative way.
The children at Menston Primary School enjoy their learning and are happy to be at school. They know how important it is to learn together and to support each other. We are an inclusive school that works to challenge, inspire and motivate all children to become successful, confident and caring citizens.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who identifies with the school’s ethos and vision, and shares our ambitions for our pupils’ educational achievement and all-round development. Outdoor learning is a key strategy to promote children’s health and wellbeing and the school’s extensive grounds have been developed into an outstanding learning resource. The school is based in an attractive village 10 miles north of Leeds, close to the Yorkshire Dales and provides a high-quality education to 429 children between the ages of four and eleven. The school was judged as ‘Good’ in May 2018. The Headteacher will be working with a strong leadership team of a Deputy and an Assistant Head, a highly committed staff team, a supportive Governing Body and an active PTA.
We are seeking to recruit someone who:
- Has high aspirations for our children, encouraging all to do their best and to be ambitious
- Shares our commitment to outdoor learning and children’s happiness, health and wellbeing
- Is forward thinking with a clear strategic vision, who can enthuse and inspire the school community
- Can lead by example, with an open and honest communication style that will challenge, support and motivate others
- Sets high expectations for teaching, encourages all staff to be creative and supports their professional development
- Has an enthusiasm for the development of a broad, coherent and innovative curriculum with a focus on STEM
- Is able to work collaboratively with parents, governors, the community, and other schools
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we can only offer a virtual tour of the school, details above. More information about our school can be found on our website www.menstonprimary.co.uk
Virtual Tour: https://menstonprimary.co.uk/recruitment-film/
Closing date: 9am, Monday 22nd March 2021
Assessment: Anticipated to take place on Tuesday 13th & Wednesday 14th April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.