Two Teaching Assistants to work in Key Stage 1/ Lower Key Stage 2 in the first instance
30 hours per week, Term Time Only, Permanent
Band 5 SCP 4 – 6
Required from September 2020
The Governors seek to appoint two enthusiastic, caring Teaching Assistants to join the strong staff team working in Key Stage 1/ Lower Key Stage 2 in the first instance in this high performing, popular and friendly school. You will need to be committed to developing inclusion, have experience of working with young children and have a calm, positive and confident manner. These posts include an element of lunchtime supervision.
The successful candidates will need to:
- Be enthusiastic, well-motivated and committed to raising standards
- Be well organised, friendly, and flexible team players, with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an interest and aptitude for working creatively and using their own initiative and ideas
- Demonstrate recent experience of either working or volunteering in primary schools
- Have a commitment to their own professional development
For the right candidate, we can offer:
- Happy, well behaved and well supported children
- A commitment to raising standards for all our children
- Experienced and supportive colleagues with a team working ethos
- Extensive school grounds in a beautiful village setting with ample opportunities for sports and outdoor learning
- High quality training relevant to the role
In your personal statement we are looking for you to highlight how you would make a positive contribution to our school.
Due to restrictions put in place to control COVID-19 we are unable to offer candidate visits to the school at this time; however, as an alternative, we recommend candidates take a tour of our website at https://menstonprimary.co.uk/
If you have the skills and ambition to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Hannah Veil at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Closing Date for the post: Midnight on Sunday 20th September 2020
We will contact shortlisted candidates with the next stage of the recruitment process taking into account Government advice at the time. However, interviews (either face to face or online) are likely to take place week commencing 28th September 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are also currently advertising a Teaching Assistant post to support a child with an EHCP. Should you wish to apply for more than one post, we require separate applications which are tailored to each post.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.