Teaching Assistant – to support a child with an EHCP
30 hours per week - Term Time Only
Fixed Term for up to 1 year due to the post being externally funded by an Education Health Care Plan
Band 5 SCP 4 – 6
Required as soon as possible
The Governors seek to appoint an enthusiastic, caring Teaching Assistant to join the strong staff team working in Key Stage 1 in this high performing, popular and friendly school. This will be to provide 1:1 support for a child with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition.
You will need to be committed to developing inclusion, have experience of working with young children and have a calm, positive and confident manner.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have experience of supporting the individual needs of children
- Be willing to support the wider work of the school
- be a well organised, friendly, and flexible team player, with good interpersonal skills
- be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Have an interest/aptitude for facilitating inclusion
For the right candidate, we can offer:
- A warm, supportive and nurturing environment where children and adults learn together and build strong relationships
- A commitment to raising standards for all our children
- Experienced and supportive colleagues with a team working ethos
- Extensive school grounds in a beautiful village setting with ample opportunities for sports and outdoor learning
- High quality training relevant to the role
In your personal statement we are looking for you to highlight how you would make a positive contribution to our school.
Due to restrictions put in place to control COVID-19 we are unable to offer candidate visits to the school at this time; however, as an alternative, we recommend candidates take a tour of our website at https://menstonprimary.co.uk/
If you have the skills and ambition to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Hannah Veil at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 20th September 2020
We will contact shortlisted candidates with the next stage of the recruitment process taking into account Government advice at the time.
However, interviews (either face to face or online) are likely to take place w/c 28th September 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are currently advertising two other Teaching Assistant posts. Should you wish to apply for more than one post, we require separate applications which are tailored to each post.
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.