Band 5, SCP 4-6
Permanent - Full Time
Due to promotions within the existing team, the Governors of this popular and friendly school seek to appoint a highly capable Administration Officer. The ideal candidate will have an organised, adaptable and innovative approach to their work and be able to communicate effectively with staff, pupils, parents and visitors.
This post would suit someone with the ambition to develop the skills required for a more senior role in school administration or a career in school business management. We welcome applications from those with previous experience of working in a school office, but this is not essential. The post offers an exciting opportunity to innovate and support the work of a forward thinking school. We are interested in how you would use your existing skills and experience to demonstrate this.
We need someone who has:
- High quality organisational skills and excellent administration skills
- The ability to work calmly and confidently under pressure
- An ability to use their own initiative and to motivate others
- An ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent communication, literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- A commitment to providing a safe environment for children
- The skills to oversee a friendly, welcoming and efficient reception for pupils, parents, staff and visitors
For the right candidate, we can offer:
- A well-resourced and supportive school environment in a beautiful, semi-rural location
- A welcoming and friendly school
- A rewarding career with opportunities for professional development
- Access to appropriate high quality training.
In your personal statement we are looking for you to highlight your ambition to develop your career within Menston Primary School and beyond.
Due to restrictions put in place to control COVID-19 we are unable to offer candidate visits to the school at this time; however, as an alternative, we recommend candidates take a tour of our website at www.menstonprimary.co.uk
If you have the skills and ambition to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Hannah Veil at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Closing date for the post: Midnight, Sunday 20th September 2020
We will contact shortlisted candidates with the next stage of the recruitment process taking into account Government advice at the time. However, interviews (either face to face or online) are likely to take place week commencing 28th September 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.