Cover Supervisor required to start September 2020
1 X 35 hours per week term time only, plus 5 training days (1 year fixed term contract)
Salary: Cover Supervisor Band 6 (scale point 6-11)
Actual Salary £15,469 - £17,079
Depending on experience/qualifications
All applicants must be willing to work at both campuses: Barkerend Rd (BD3) and Princeville Street (BD7).
Co-op Academy Delius is a high achieving friendly academy for pupils from 2-11 years with a range of complex educational and medical needs. More details about the school are available at: https://delius.coopacademies.co.uk/
We require a Cover Supervisor who can:
- Teach the full range of subjects to the Co-op Academy Delius standard
- Follow/adapt planning and lead learning to a high standard
- Lead and motivate a team in the absence of a teacher
- Organise staff and resources and delegate responsibilities
- Assist and contribute to pupil assessment
- Maintain good standards in teaching, learning, assessment, personal development, behaviour and attitudes
- Be willing to work across the age and SEN range of the school and on both sites
- Have good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
- Be resilient and enthusiastic
- Use their initiative and be flexible
“Co-op Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”.
This role is customer facing and therefore in line with the Immigration Act 2016; all applicants must be able to demonstrate fluency of the English Language to the level defined in the job description.
Candidates invited for interview will be expected to complete several tasks; including an interview, in order to recruit staff of the highest professional quality. Due to the C-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted remotely, using ‘Microsoft Teams’. Richard Meredith at Co-op Academy Delius will email meeting details prior to interview.
Interested candidates are requested to download an application form from https://delius.coopacademies.co.uk or https://www.coopacademies.co.uk/ or email Natasha.Mahmood@coopacademies.co.uk
Visits to the school are not possible at this moment in time, however a virtual tour of our BD3 site can be viewed here virtual school tour and Co-op values video.
The post is subject to a successful probationary period, as are all posts.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 3rd July 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 8th July 2020
Co-op Academy Delius is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, we expect employees to share, practice and promote this commitment. The successful candidate must have good references and an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and a medical declaration.