Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
Permanent Contract to support teaching and learning primarily in Reception
28 hours 45 minutes per week
Pay Scale: Scale 3 (SCP 14-17)
Required from 7th September 2020
The Governors are seeking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic, committed and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to support the teaching and learning primarily in Reception. The successful candidate will be sympathetic to the ethos and practice of our Catholic School and committed to further developing the high standards of achievement and behaviour of our pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will provide high quality support and encouragement under the direction of the class teacher
- Has experience with early reading and phonics
- Is computer literate
- Has experience of observing and understands the development matters framework
- Will possess excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Is committed to working as part of a team to promote excellence in children’s learning
- Is dedicated to helping our children achieve their full potential
- Is committed to high standards of behaviour and attainment
- An understanding of the Polish Language would be beneficial but not essential
We can offer you:
- A school where children feel happy, enjoy school and are motivated to learn
- A dedicated and supportive team of staff and governors
- A strong, caring Catholic ethos which works well with parents and the parish
- Opportunities for professional development
- A strong local Catholic partnership of schools
Visits to the school are encouraged and most welcome with social distancing.
For further details and to arrange a visit to school, please contact our Headteacher, Mrs J Morris on 01274 611922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications need to be on a CES application form which can be downloaded from the CES website - www.catholiceducation.org.uk
Closing date: 4pm, Thursday 2nd July 2020
Interviews: Week beginning 5th July 2020
Our Lady and St Brendan’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Consequently the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.