Dean Field School is vibrant one form entry primary school at the heart of the Ovenden community. Dean Field is part of the Family of Learning Trust and works in collaboration with Beech Hill School.
At Dean Field we are determined to continue to improve standards and outcomes across the school. We are committed to providing a nurturing and secure environment for our pupils to learn. We now require an experienced administrator to work with our School Business Manager in our busy office.
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 additional days to be worked during school closure periods.
Scale: 5 point 12-17 actual salary £18,848 - £20,810 per annum dependent on experience
To start as soon as possible
We are seeking someone who is focused, flexible and a self-motivated to work as part of our dedicated office team. Previous school office experience is essential for this role to enable the successful candidate to fully undertake the range of duties required in a busy reception/office area of a primary school, including having a calm approach in difficult situations.
As our School Administrator you will work with various stakeholders within the school and local community, therefore excellent communication skills will be required. The ideal candidate will have strong information technology and word processing skills, be committed, flexible and able to prioritise workloads. Knowledge with school specific software (SIMS) and previous experience in a school office environment are essential to enable you to quickly integrate into the role. You will need to show initiative, maintaining ownership of the responsibilities that you are given and meet deadlines. You will need to be a good listener and have the ability to build good working relationships with everyone in the school community.
In return, we offer a benefit package that includes:
- Membership of Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contribution of approximately 15.9%
- An Employee Assistance Programme, offering support and access to resources to help you maintain a healthy work life balance
- Commitment to professional development for all staff recognised through our Investors in People Gold award (February 2018)
- Free refreshments and light snacks available in the staff room
Our school also offers you the opportunity to:
- Work in a friendly, caring and inclusive community where everyone is valued.
- Engage with enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
- Support teachers to deliver a rich and exciting curriculum, recognised through a range of curriculum awards.
- Work with an experienced, supportive and successful team who love to work collaboratively.
- Development that will support you on your chosen career path
For further information about the roles please view our website deanfieldschool.co.uk or contact the school on 01422 258258.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 1st June 2020
Please note we do not accept CV’s the Dean Field School application form must be completed in full.
Applicants who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted by email, therefore it is important that you check your emails.
We will not contact unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been called for an interview by Friday 5th June 2020, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The trustees of the Family of Learning Trust and the Governors of Dean Field School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.