Experienced Year 6 Class Teacher
Permanent - Full Time
St John’s is a very special place and we need a very special teacher to join our family. As a valued member of our team, you will play a vital role in the delivery of our KS2 curriculum with a commitment to raising standards. You will work closely with the Phase Leader and the Senior Leadership Team to secure outstanding provision and to engage our children in a love of learning. You should also demonstrate a commitment to becoming involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Deliver interesting and inspiring lessons for your children, fostering a love of learning
- Have the capacity to bring innovative ideas to the classroom
- Play a fundamental role in shaping the direction and future of our children
- Be part of a highly successful network of schools both locally and nationally
- Receive bespoke training and support in order to be the very best teacher you can be
- Be part of a Trust wide collaborative Year 6 network
“Here at St John’s, within the context of Christian beliefs and practice, our children and their families always come first. We value our children’s feelings, creativeness and success in their learning equally, helping each child’s love of learning grow, whilst also developing their interior posture.”
Andrew Knight, Headteacher
- Have a warm smile that makes every child feel special
- Be able to make every child feel safe when their world outside school might not always feel that way
- Have the fire in your belly that fuels your desire to help children to learn and grow
- Be prepared to deal with the lump in your throat when the children make progress
- Be able to laugh at some of the jokes our children share even though you don’t understand them or find them funny
- Be prepared to feel loved, special and important to our children and their families
- Be prepared for adventure on our Year 6 residential trip
From the moment I walked in the door on my visit, I knew this was the place I wanted to work.”
St John’s CE Primary School is an Academy within Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust. If you are successful in being appointed, the Trust will be your employer.
If you think you could love our children as we do, please come and visit – you’ll know as soon as you walk in the door whether this is the right school for you. Please call Lesley Burton at St John’s CE Primary School to arrange.
Due to safer recruitment guidelines, applications will only be considered on our official application forms which are available from the Career Opportunities tab of our website www.stjohnsceprimary.co.uk Completed applications must be returned directly to the school by email.
Trust details can be obtained from www.bdat-academies.org
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 25th March 2020
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 31st March 2020.
All posts involving direct contact with vulnerable children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. St John's Church of England Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to satisfactory vetting, including a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
CVs will not be considered.
Life in all its fullness at its heart