Bradford AP Academy Central are looking to appoint an Alternative Provision & Home Engagement Manager to join their team.
The aim of the role will be to develop, co-ordinate and quality assure a programme of off-site alternative provision for a targeted group of students and to promote engagement and deliver home education for non-attending students. Within the role, it is expected that you will work closely with the teaching staff and Head of Centre (HOC) to successfully lead and manage pupils to improve engagement and reduce barriers to learning and success.
Bradford AP Academy Central (BAPAC) is part of the Exceed Academies Trust, which currently consists of seven academies; five primary schools and an all-through primary-to-secondary school. The Trust has an excellent reputation within Bradford and beyond, and an outstanding track record of supporting staff in developing their careers. An exciting element of the Trust is our two Teaching Schools, as well as a SCITT, responsible for teacher training.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven skills and ability to work with young people, families, schools and other agencies, with a passion for delivering outcomes.
- Professional credibility through proven relevant experience.
- Ability and desire to model and demonstrate our values.
- Professional knowledge of young people, secondary education and family support work.
- A creative and innovative approach to solution focused working, with the ability to engage, mobilise and motivate people to address challenges, and challenge perceptions, about young people in Bradford.
- A smart, flexible worker; recognising how to carry out the role in the most effective way, including collaboration and partnership working with key project partners.
- An ability to demonstrate resilience and consistency by remaining calm and in control to maintain effective work behaviours, when faced with setbacks or pressure.
- Passionate about Bradford and improved social mobility; understanding how to raise aspirations and ambitions by partnership working with young people, families, schools, the PRU and other agencies.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 27th January 2020
Interview: week commencing 3rd February 2020
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity or an application form please contact Aireview on 01274 585318 or Jesse Street on 01274 491986. Further details about Bradford AP Academy Central (BAPAC) can also be found on our website www.bapacentral.co.uk
Exceed Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check as well as successful completion of a probationary period.