Job Type: Permanent, Full Year Round
Commencement: Easter 2021
Salary & Benefits: L24 – L30
The students, staff and governors of Beechcliffe Special School and Beechcliffe Ash Valley College are looking to appoint a Headteacher who is passionate about special education and committed to enabling every one of our students to reach their full potential.
Beechcliffe School and Ash Valley College cater for pupils with severe, complex or profound and multiple learning disabilities. We are keen to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking, highly committed professional who is passionate about the education of young people; someone who has the foresight to help prepare our young people for their future. We are proud of the outstanding progress our young people make whilst at Beechcliffe, we have a well-established performing arts programme, and expansive curriculum.
We require a Headteacher who will act as an outstanding role model to both students and staff. The Headteacher should also be an excellent SEN practitioner.
We welcome applications from individuals who can:
- Demonstrate successful senior leadership experience in a special secondary education setting
- Lead by example with resilience, clarity, honesty and integrity
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a varied audience of students, staff, parents and governors to establish an open and honest school community culture
- Create an environment within which staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and knowledge
- Actively support strong governance and fully understands its role and functions
- Instil a strong sense of accountability and ownership in the staff
Closing date:12 noon, Monday 30th November 2020
Interviews: Anticipated to take place 14th December 2020
Please ensure you read the "How to Apply" document before starting your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Candidates can apply online for this post. If you are registered, please follow the apply now process. If you are not registered, then please register now and follow the apply now process.